Q. Why do I have knee pain after meniscus surgery?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2020

I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?

#

• Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs.
  • Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh.
  • Take any over-the-counter available anti-inflammatory medicine for at least five days.
  • It will take four to five days for the pain to reduce and three weeks for the swelling to reduce. Wearing the brace is the most important thing.
  • If your pain does not reduce in three weeks then upload your MRI report and I shall give you a more accurate advice.

For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|