Q. Baby feeds only five minutes at a time. Is she getting proper feed?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 2 months old. She feeds only for five minutes at a time. I am worried if she is getting proper feed and if not, what should I do? My milk let down is too fast. So, every time she feeds and gets choked. Please suggest how can I help her.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Please note the following points:

Monitor the weight of the child to see if he/she is getting proper feeds and gaining proper weight.

You can feed the baby with a bottle or with a sipper to monitor how much feeds the child is taking and this will also regulate the flow of milk. However, use a sterilizer to clean these so that there is no chance of infection.

Visit a lactation consultant to find out what problems you are facing while you are feeding and how they can be rectified.

Burp the baby for at least 15 to 20 minutes post feed.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|