Q. I have blurred vision in my left eye. Is lasik a good option for me?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

I am 22 years old and I have blurred vision in my left eye. It started when I was 17-years-old. I also have an allergy in my eyes. I consulted with the doctors, and they suggested lasik surgery for me.

#

If you have allergy problems, then you are not an ideal case for any refractive surgery procedure like Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses). First of all, the actual cause of blurred vision is needed to be diagnosed, whether it is a refractive error or you need glasses. Then to get rid of glasses Lasik is one option. But if your cornea is affected due to allergy (allergy can affect cornea) and the clarity is changed, then Lasik might not help.

So you need to get an eye examination from a specialist and then get diagnosed for the exact cause of blurred vision. You can send your prescription if you already have consulted to an eye specialist. Then we can discuss the appropriate treatment option for that cause. You are welcome for any queries.

|