Ldh

What causes an iron deficiency or over absorption?

Query: Hi doctor, My TIBC 508, transferrin 363, transferrin saturation 17%, iron 85 and total LDH 109. Do these values indicate iron deficiency or over absorption? I am on regular Synthyroid, Singulair, Prilosec, Vitamin C and oral contraceptive. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: It appears to be an early iron deficiency. Serum ferritin would have been more helpful in gauging the iron stores. Interaction between vitamin C and oral ...  Read Full »

What is the cause for my anemia and prolonged bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I have weakness and bleeding for the last 15 days. I have small rashes on the body, weight loss, low energy level, and WBC parameters not normal. Patient has a history of having low hemoglobin ever three years. He has to take blood and hemoglobin parameters keep changing sometimes i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and below is my opinion about your asked question. In your attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), hemoglobin level is low, and red blood cell count also low. So you are having anemia problem and your weakness like ...  Read Full »

I got a shave biopsy for melanoma in situ. Did the cancer cells get into my bloodstream?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about the biopsy that I had done. It was a shave biopsy, and it came back as melanoma in situ. I got a wide excision done, and it looks like there is still some of this mole left that was missed by the shave. If there was still melanoma cells in this left over part of...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and concern. Melanoma is a malignancy of pigment-producing cells (melanocytes), located predominantly in the skin. The careful examination of lymph nodes can be determined by the staging of melanoma and the metastasis, that is, spread to other body...  Read Full »

What could a strange deep line on the right side of my head be?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last three months, I have noticed a strange deep line on the right side of my head just above my temple to the upper side of my head. I have no pain at all but it bothers me so much. I have also seen my GP and he recommended to see a neurologist but I am not able to afford...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully saw your uploaded photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that this indentation could be related to differential possible causes like calcium or vitamin D deficiency and bone reformation, chronic inflammation, or a ho...  Read Full »

I have muscle weakness and mild pain on the forearm and hip. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male. My creatine phosphokinase is mildly elevated. The reports came as 220 twice and as normal thrice. And, there was hemoglobin in my urine test. I constantly have muscle weakness and mild pain on my left side, at the forearm and hip. The weakness started suddenly...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, I read your query and understand your concerns about muscle weakness and raised muscle enzymes. The probable diagnosis is polymyositis. People with polymyositis have: A weakness of muscles of the thigh, gluteal muscles, and shoulder girdle. Raised CPK (creatine phosphokinase) and LDH (lactate...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms the side effects of asthma medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 years old female, who weighs 63 kg and I am 5.4 feet tall. Since a year, I have been suffering from very strange symptoms like dark yellow urine (very deep yellow and sometimes turbid and cloudy in appearance), yellowish eyes, very sour taste in the mouth throughout the day, in...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your case seems to be complicated. In the case of yellow urine and yellow sclera with weakness, first, we should rule out hemolytic anemia and jaundice. Jaundice can be from hep...  Read Full »