Q. Why did my LDH levels increase after COVID infection?

Dr. Prathish Kumar

Post COVID, my lab test result for LDH (Lactate dehydrogenase) is 277 units/L, greater than the normal value of 135-225 units/L. Is there any problem?

I am currently taking Novastat 10 mg for increased cholesterol.

#

I have gone through all your reports and they are good; nothing to worry about. These are observed post COVID infection.

Isolated elevation of LDH (Lactate dehydrogenase) need not be taken into account; also, it is only a meager elevation with respect to the reference range. CRP (C-reactive protein) & Ferritin levels are normal. Had it been an elevation of all these three parameters, then only it is to be taken as a concern.

Take care.

|