Q. Some strands of my hair has uneven thickness. Why?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

I have a strange problem with my hair. 60% of my hair is straight, but the remaining are medium to curly hair. The strange thing is that if I pluck a strand of this new curly hair, the thickness thereof is uneven along the strand, i.e. it starts with a thick hair, after a few millimeters it becomes less thick, then after a few millimeters it becomes thick again and so on until it reaches the end of the hair and rotates on its axis giving the touch aspect curly strand irregularity is noticed. On the other hand, if I pluck a strand of normal thickness it is the same from the root to the tip. What should I do to have hair again all the same thickness along the strand?

According to what I searched on the internet, I think I have acquired partial curly hair. I would like to know the causes and what to do about it? I will appreciate in advance for your response.

#

I understand your concern. Some people do suffer from this problem. There is no permanent care. However, there are certain options that you can try.

Recently liquid keratin treatments are available which has longer-lasting effect and keeps your hair straight for at least 20 hair washes. Any professional hair stylist can guide you about this.

There are some good chemical hair straightening creams available, and this gives your hair a fine texture for a long period of time. Again your hair dresser can guide you about how to use it and which one is the best for you (there are some good brands available like Hair straightener or Hair Straight everyday). Try to pick up one with keratin.

Even chemical relaxers are useful, however, their effect is very short-lived and I will ask you to avoid it. Do remember that you need to constantly go for such treatment regularly, like monthly once, sadly there is no permanent cure.

|