Less Dense Hair

What to do for variation in hair strand thickness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strange problem with my hair. 60% of my hair is straight, but the remaining are medium to curly hair. The strange thing is that if I pluck a strand of this new curly hair, the thickness thereof is uneven along the strand, i.e. it starts with a thick hair, after a few millimet...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Some people do suffer from this problem. There is no permanent care. However, there are certain options that you can try. Recently liquid keratin treatments are available which has longer-lasting effect and keeps your hair straight for at ...  Read Full »

Can ginger be used for hair fall control?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few doubts regarding the herbal remedies of hair. What are the benefits of ginger for hair that has gotten thinner? What exactly in ginger can help boost hair growth and how does it work? What are the advantages of mixing olive oil with ginger for thinning hair? Is there anythi...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair. Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium....  Read Full »

My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know your age, and since how many months are you experiencing thinning of hair? Please send the pictures of the scalp.  Read Full »

I have less dense hair and thinning of hair.Will there be any problem while taking Finasteride along with Cyclosporine?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have less dense packed hair with slight thinning in the hairline and on the vertex. I have this condition since 2003. I am applying Minoxidil 5% since 10 years and from 2005 for every single day. My concern is I was diagnosed for Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA), an autoimmune disorder ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for sending such an excellent description of your medical history and reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I would like to say that both the dermatologists have recommended the best as per available literature in medical science, which clearl...  Read Full »

Please give me a solution for extreme hair loss.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrote...  Read Full »

Can you tell me the cause of my severe hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have severe hair fall. I take multivitamins and iron pills daily for iron deficiency. I have tried biotin, expensive shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioner, etc. Nothing seems to be working. I wash my hair every other day because it tends to get very...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excessive hair fall can be due to male or female pattern baldness, physical illness or mental stress in the past three to six months, low serum ferritin, nutritional deficiency, certain medical conditions like thyroid problems and other hormonal disorders, after cosmetic ...  Read Full »

I have very thin and short hair. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old, and I have very thin and short hair. I want to grow hair to cover my forehead. I am not able to make any hairstyle because of less hair. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Short and thin hair might have many reasons, some common causes are the nutritional deficiency, hormonal disturbance, stress, unhealthy lifestyle, and hereditary. Try the following things for hair growth. Add foods like dates, raisins, fig, curry leaves, spinach, and f...  Read Full »