Less Dense Hair

What could be the reason for my slow hair growth since childhood?

Query: Hello doctor, My hair does not grow since I was six years old. And before that, my hair growth is very slow. I have not cut my hair since I was 17 years old, fearing that it would never grow, and I am not on any medication for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please attach the picture to assess the scalp hair density. Do you have a receding hairline, diffuse hair loss, itchy, or flaky scalp? Do you experience hair thinning or dandruff? Do you have insufficient protein intake, lack of proper nutrition, vitamin deficienc...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for hair thinning and dandruff?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past few years, my hair is thinning a lot. I currently changed my shampoo, and my hair loss became severe. I am really worried about it. My hair is so soft and silky. Until I was 15 years old, I had good volume hair. With less hair fall and no dandruff. Once after I got a ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have hormonal imbalance or fluctuations, thyroid issues, insufficient protein intake, or stress? Do you underwent any stressful episode in the last four months? Will you do tight hairstyles, tight ponytail, buns, etc? Any chronic illness or drug history? Att...  Read Full »

What can I do to prevent hair thinning?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl, and I am experiencing hair thinning. I have more shedding, and it seems that my hair is not coming back. I am taking Biotin. I cannot visit a doctor here because of the pandemic, and I am scared of going bald. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common causes of hair loss in girls are female pattern hair loss and telogen effluvium. I need to ask you a few questions. Do you get your periods regularly? Do you have thyroid disease or anyone in the family has it? Did you fall sick in the last six mo...  Read Full »

Will Minoxidil taken for hair fall cause dependency?

Query: Hello doctor, I have receding hairline with overall thinning on the scalp for the past one month. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From history it seems you have androgenetic alopecia (AGA) also known as male pattern baldness. In AGA, hair thinning and hair fall occurs with receding frontal hair line and thinning on top of scalp that is vertex. AGA has seven grades and treatment partially depe...  Read Full »

Why do I get thinning of hair even at the age of 17?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17-year-old male. My hair is thinning on the front, and with exposure to sun or light it can be seen clearly. I have been experiencing this since last year and I have not been using any products or straighteners of any sort. At first, I thought it was just my hair type but it st...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I will help you with your concern. I went through your history and photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it suggests you have androgenetic alopecia also known as male pattern baldness. Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is a common cau...  Read Full »

How can I fix my thin hair problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am only 26 years old and I notice my middle part wider then before. Should I be concerned? What can I do to fix it? I have very thin hair.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history and photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this widening of mid partition occurs in female pattern hair loss (FPHL). FPHL is a kind of alopecia of women in which gradual hair thinning and widening of mid partition line...  Read Full »

What to do for variation in hair strand thickness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strange problem with my hair. 60% of my hair is straight, but the remaining are medium to curly hair. The strange thing is that if I pluck a strand of this new curly hair, the thickness thereof is uneven along the strand, i.e. it starts with a thick hair, after a few millimet...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Some people do suffer from this problem. There is no permanent care. However, there are certain options that you can try. Recently liquid keratin treatments are available which has longer-lasting effect and keeps your hair straight for at ...  Read Full »

Can ginger be used for hair fall control?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few doubts regarding the herbal remedies of hair. What are the benefits of ginger for hair that has gotten thinner? What exactly in ginger can help boost hair growth and how does it work? What are the advantages of mixing olive oil with ginger for thinning hair? Is there anythi...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair. Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium....  Read Full »

My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, My hair is becoming very thin. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. May I know your age, and since how many months are you experiencing thinning of hair? Please send the pictures of the scalp.  Read Full »

I have less dense hair and thinning of hair.Will there be any problem while taking Finasteride along with Cyclosporine?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have less dense packed hair with slight thinning in the hairline and on the vertex. I have this condition since 2003. I am applying Minoxidil 5% since 10 years and from 2005 for every single day. My concern is I was diagnosed for Pure Red Cell Aplasia (PRCA), an autoimmune disorder ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for sending such an excellent description of your medical history and reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I would like to say that both the dermatologists have recommended the best as per available literature in medical science, which clearl...  Read Full »