Q. My urine output is low, except when I exercise or do abdominal massage. Please help.

Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am a 30-year-old male. I have urination problem. It started a day ago. I observed low output of urine that is only a small amount every time I have urinated. But, when I exercise or do some abdominal massage, the urine output level is more. I also uploaded the lab test report. Kindly check and suggest medicines. Thank you doctor.

#

Your reports are grossly normal except for isolated ketonuria. I think you get repeat urine for ketones test done as I do not find a cause for it (it can be lab miscalculation).

Mostly ketonuria occurs in uncontrolled diabetes, starvation, prolonged vomiting and diarrhea, glycogen storage diseases, severe sustained exercise, dietary imbalance (high fat or low carbohydrate diet), and high-grade fever.

So, repeat the test and we will discuss it if still positive for ketones.

I will prescribe medication for your urinary problem and just a few questions.

Do you have any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, or burning micturation? Is there any history of surgery or catheterization in the past? Do you have any history of recurrent UTI?

I am looking forward to your answers. Thank you.

First based on the FBS, I am in the pre-diabetic stage. So, I do exercise and diet. I have experienced poor stream and sometimes dribbling. I do not feel to get urinated so every time I urinate I have experienced poor stream and low amount of urine. The color of my urine will be sometimes yellow and sometimes white. I do not have a history of surgery or recurrent UTI. Last evening, my General Physician doctor said that it may be due to some prostate issue and she referred me to Urology. As I do not want to go to the hospital, I chose online consultation.

#

I suggest you start tablet Roliflo OD-4 (Tolterodine 4 mg + Tamsulosin 0.4 mg) HS.

Get your urine routine examination repeated (for ketones) and HbA1c to know the status of the pre-diabetic stage.

Thanks and regards.

|