Q. I am urinating less in the morning when compared to later hours. Why?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

I am a 37 year old male. I have urination problem for the last six months. There is no urine build up in the morning hours. I am voiding only a small quantity of deep yellow colored concentrated urine with no pressure in the morning. After 2 hours of taking tea and water, I urinate frequently. My sleep also gets disturbed due to frequent urination. My ultrasound, urine test and blood test were normal.

#

• Most of your symptoms are normal. If bothered by frequent urination during sleep, then I suggest tablet Tolterodine 2 mg and tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg before going to bed for 14 days.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

Revert after 14 days to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Please check my ultrasound.

#

• As expected, your ultrasound report is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is normal to pass more urine after water and tea intake.
  • Do you feel any change in your symptoms after taking Tolterodine and Tamsulosin?
  • Many people when in bed and have difficulty or delayed onset of sleep; then they might get up multiple times to pass urine. It is a counter protective mechanism to relieve stress in mind.

Tamsulosin 0.2 mg and Tolterodine 2 mg bedtime.

Avoid holding urine for a long time.

For further follow up consult a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Doctor Sir I have already explained my symptoms. I forgot to tell about one symptom. There is swelling like feeling on my face and body. And when I sit at one time for long time my legs swells. Sometimes I feel puffiness on my face. I am attaching new blood report . Please guide me.
# BhagiRamji
this report is also normal and the edema feet after sitting for long need Cardiac evaluation also. show to a physician. your Creatinine and proteine are normal so two causes of edema are ruled out.

with Physician

|