Tolterodine

What is the recommended treatment for weak bladder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to speak with a urologist after many STD screenings. All my tests have come back negative, yet the symptoms I face says otherwise. I have had three different screenings since last year. I suffer from discomfort (minor pain), and a weak bladder (urinating often). Tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Which medications did you take beside antibiotics? What is the pH of your urine in urine routine examination? How do you diagnose that you have a weak bladder? Any cystoscopy, uroflow, or urodynamic study done? Which are the three most...  Read Full »

Can cell therapy help a patient with neurogenic bladder?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter, who is 22 years old, has neurogenic bladder. Her height is 4'10" and weight is 53 kg. She is suffering from voiding dysfunction and constipation. She underwent surgery for spinal lipoma when she was 45 days old. Her bladder trabeculated and grade 3 reflux. Her right kidney is...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, your daughter needs treatment. I need to know that, how is she doing without medicines? How many times in the night does she pass urine? For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-...  Read Full »

Why is my urine output low except when I exercise or do abdominal massage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I have urination problem. It started a day ago. I observed low output of urine that is only a small amount every time I have urinated. But, when I exercise or do some abdominal massage, the urine output level is more. I also uploaded the lab test report. Kindly c...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your reports are grossly normal except for isolated ketonuria. I think you get repeat urine for ketones test done as I do not find a cause for it (it can be lab miscalculation). Mostly ketonuria occurs in uncontrolled diabetes, starvation, prolonged vomiting and diarrh...  Read Full »

Are my urinary problems due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine to prevent urination at night during travel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to have a long journey. Can I take a salt tablet to prevent urination during the night? If so, please suggest any tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why do you want to hold urine? Do you travel frequently? I suggest tablet Tolterodine 4 mg at the start of the travel and tablet or nasal spray Minirin (Desmopressin). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. Still, I would like to kn...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E.coli bacteria. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it re...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario. I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »

I am worried about my prostate enlargement. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, The sudden increase in the size of my prostate from 75 g to 100 g in a year worries me. Three biopsy test results taken before six years were negative. The PSA level stabilized, and free PSA ratio was satisfactory. Please see the enclosed results. My problem is frequent urination.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have undergone extensive prostate biopsy under general anesthesia, and the PSA level (prostate-specific antigen) is not very different from now. The rate of increase of PSA is also fine, and for a large prostate, PSA is on the higher side due to volume. The pe...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the report he has a decreased renal function with increased serum creatinine levels as well as urinary infection seen as increased pus cells. Whenever the culture ...  Read Full »