Tolterodine

Are my urinary problems due to frequent masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. I have a problem while urinating from past two years.  I have consulted my urologist, and we did many tests like urine culture, serum creatinine, and ultrasound KUB. After all these tests my doctor said there is no problem in my urinary tract. A few...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know about your problem. Frequent urination is a common problem called overactive bladder. Other than this, mild pain in the urogenital region can be due to neural pain. Masturbation usually does not cause these problems. I hope you had already taken a cour...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine to prevent urination at night during travel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to have a long journey. Can I take a salt tablet to prevent urination during the night? If so, please suggest any tablet.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why do you want to hold urine? Do you travel frequently? I suggest tablet Tolterodine 4 mg at the start of the travel and tablet or nasal spray Minirin (Desmopressin). Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent. Still, I would like to kn...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

My prostate is boggy, and my semen culture showed E.coli bacteria. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 years old, and I have been suffering from pain during ejaculation. After ejaculation, I feel severe burning during urination at the tip of the penis, from the past six years. From the past year, at the time of ejaculation, the semen does not come out with force, and it re...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post-ejaculatory burning in a young male, which is not relieved by antibiotics, may not be of an infective origin. Do not take any injections in the prostate, as that may worsen the scenario. I suggest you try taking the following. Consult your specialist doctor, dis...  Read Full »

I am worried about my prostate enlargement. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, The sudden increase in the size of my prostate from 75 g to 100 g in a year worries me. Three biopsy test results taken before six years were negative. The PSA level stabilized, and free PSA ratio was satisfactory. Please see the enclosed results. My problem is frequent urination.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have undergone extensive prostate biopsy under general anesthesia, and the PSA level (prostate-specific antigen) is not very different from now. The rate of increase of PSA is also fine, and for a large prostate, PSA is on the higher side due to volume. The pe...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the report he has a decreased renal function with increased serum creatinine levels as well as urinary infection seen as increased pus cells. Whenever the culture ...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »

Can recurrent UTI be caused by holding urine in for long?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I did a urine test today, there is no UTI or any infection, but the RBC count was 0 to 1. I did a test six weeks back, which showed the RBC count to be 4 to 6. I still feel there is a block to the urine flow, and I have to go every 15 minutes or every one hou...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have very frequent urination and poor flow with recurrent UTI (urinary tract infection). I would like to know the following. Do you have constipation or numbness of the sole? How frequently do you get up at night? Has any catheter been put ...  Read Full »