Q. I have been having a lot of symptoms that correlate with leukemia symptoms . Please help.

Dr. Prakash H. Muddegowda
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I am worried that I may have leukemia. I have been having a lot of symptoms that correlate with leukemia symptoms. Please help.

#

I require details of the symptoms that you have, for a complete opinion.

Leukemia is a blood disorder commonly known as blood cancer. There are two types of leukemias namely Acute and Chronic leukemia.

Acute leukemia usually has bleeding manifestations while chronic leukemia rarely has bleeding manifestations.

Chronic leukemia is usually seen above 40 years and acute leukemia below 40 years. Chronic leukemia could have multiple lymph nodes enlargement and also spleen enlargement.

Look at the total WBC count and also for the presence of immature forms or blast cells. If they are present, leukemia may be thought of, however, complete correlation is essential.

Revert back with the reports to a hematologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|