Q. I am on Rosuvastatin and Amlodipine. What are my lipid profile and liver test showing?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I need you to please analyze my lipid profile and liver test where I can see that a few numbers are at a very high end. Currently, I am taking following medicines Rosuvastatin 10 mg one tablet daily, Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg one tablet daily. I am a chain smoker and smoke average 20 to 25 cigarettes daily.

#

Your liver enzymes are raised a bit, and lipid profile is deranged a bit, for which you are taking Rosuvastatin. Rosuvastatin may cause the liver function to derange. Since how long are you taking Rosuvastatin or any other lipid-lowering medicine? If the liver function was normal before starting Rosuvastatin and deranged after taking it, I will advise you to continue taking it and re-monitor LFTs (liver function test) after two months. If it rises even more, then stop statin and remeasure levels after two months. If you have muscle pain, fatigue, etc., do creatine kinase levels. Do regular exercise, stop smoking immediately. Follow up after one month.

|