Q. What can I do to treat the red itchy patches on my foreskin?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by Dr. Hema

Do you have a question on Lichen Planus or Pruritus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been suffering from itchy skin since early this year. My doctor does not know the reason for this itching. I had a blood test a few weeks ago, which came back fine. It is mostly itchy on my scalp, upper arms and back. I have been on Telfast to help with the itching and Daktacort to help with a red patch on my foreskin that my doctor said was thrush. Also, he thinks that the thrush may be the root cause of itchiness. The Daktacort has taken this patch down and almost goes away within a week but if I stop using the Daktacort the patch comes back. I have also developed a red spot on the tip of my foreskin, as well as two on the inside of my penis on the shaft. These are not itchy or sore but are just worrying to see as I am generally a healthy person. I also recently had an STI test which came back negative. My partner also had an STI test done and this came back negative as well. Any help would be great!