Ligament Injury

What the cause of my ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left ankle pain. I have soreness and it is bruised. Sometimes, it is difficult to walk too. I am also suffering from lower back pain. I feel the pain from my ankle joint to my hip. I have a history of ankle pain, but it was on the right. Before two years, I had an arth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are arthritic changes seen in the joint between two small bones of the foot, that is, talus and navicular as well as in the posterior part of the tibia. This is the cause for ankle pain and swelling an...  Read Full »

Should I get autograft or allograft for AC joint surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my AC joint separated while mountain biking. It is grade 5. I am getting surgery and I want to know whether I should use an autograft (hamstring) or allograft from a cadaver. I am very active in outdoor adventures and sports. Thanks for your help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Goel

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your injury. The good news is that there are many modalities available for AC joint injuries (acromioclavicular joint), which are showing promising results. Type five injuries constitute tears of the two important ligaments in the shoulder regions...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swelling and bruising caused by gymnastics?

Query: Hi doctor, I did some gymnastics on the trampoline and landed on it funny. Then, it started to hurt painfully. Now, it has bruised and swollen. I can only bend it backwards and not forward. Could you please help me?  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that there is a bruise over the metacarpophalangeal joint that is at the base of your fingers. You might not be able to move it in all directions because of hematoma in that region or some tendon o...  Read Full »

Based on the X-ray, how severe is my wife's wrist injury?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 42 years old. She is feeling pain in the right wrist while moving the palm laterally outward. The movement gets somewhat obstructed slightly and it is not smooth. This has been started after an occasion when she tried to pull or carry one heavy bag a week ago. X-ray has been don...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your clinical history and x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is actually no obvious fracture, which is visible. Also, I need to see clinically the site of maximum pain, so it will be helpful for me to better understand...  Read Full »

How to relieve foot pain due to flat foot?

Query: Hello doctor, I have foot pain and I suffer from flat foot. Pain is mainly located at the lateral and medial side of the heel. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmesh Jain

General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flat foot is a very common condition and causes pain due to stretching of tendons, ligaments, and soft tissues of the feet. I guess an x-ray must have already been done for you. Just make sure that apart from the flat foot you do not have any other associated conditi...  Read Full »

I have bruising over the joint after ligament reconstruction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had ligament reconstruction on my ankle 6 months ago. The surgery went well and my stability is back to normal. However, when my surgeon did the athroscopy, he noticed mild damage to the joint, however, he said that this should heal by itself. I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago as I have sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. After reviewing your information provided and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are two concerning things: 1. Are you trying not to move the leg at all? (Could be a cause of one sided cold foot). 2. Are you getting this bruise after re...  Read Full »

What causes sharp pain near lower abdomen in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 31 years and she is in her sixth month of pregnancy. For past one week, she is feeling mild pain in her left thigh region near to lower abdomen. Yesterday, she experienced sporadically sharp pain especially while she got up from chair in office and difficulty while walking. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be ligament pain. So, she should avoid lifting weights and climbing stairs. For pain, she can apply Volini gel (Diclofenac) and take Paracetamol. But, if pain increases then better to see a doctor. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

How to deal with back pain due to physical exertion and trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was practicing sports last sunday and did a flip. I kind of landed short, and the impact from my feet hurt my back. It was difficult to walk, and my back was paining, I could barely walk, and could not bend forward at all. I went to the ER, and all they did was an X-ray on my lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain following physical exertion or trauma may be due to injury to tendons, ligaments, muscles, disc, bones or vertebre, and local nerves.Any undue stress or twisting movement leads to muscle or ligament sprain leading to low backache, which is excruciating and ...  Read Full »

I tripped while walking and middle toe is bent downward. Kindly give some advise.

Query: Hi doctor,While walking, I missed a step and accidentally bent my middle toe downward. There was a sharp pain for several minutes and subsided after a while. There is no swelling, deformation or bruising. It has been 5 hours now, and I have iced it thrice. I have also taken an anti-inflammatory medi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a sprain of ligaments. A break or fracture is less common from your description. Also, the fracture would have caused severe pain even at rest and not just on using the foot. I think that you can continue using ice, give rest to the foot as much as...  Read Full »