Ligament Injury

I have bruising over the joint after ligament reconstruction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had ligament reconstruction on my ankle 6 months ago. The surgery went well and my stability is back to normal. However, when my surgeon did the athroscopy, he noticed mild damage to the joint, however, he said that this should heal by itself. I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago as I have sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. After reviewing your information provided and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are two concerning things: 1. Are you trying not to move the leg at all? (Could be a cause of one sided cold foot). 2. Are you getting this bruise after re...  Read Full »

What causes sharp pain near lower abdomen in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 31 years and she is in her sixth month of pregnancy. For past one week, she is feeling mild pain in her left thigh region near to lower abdomen. Yesterday, she experienced sporadically sharp pain especially while she got up from chair in office and difficulty while walking. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be ligament pain. So, she should avoid lifting weights and climbing stairs. For pain, she can apply Volini gel (Diclofenac) and take Paracetamol. But, if pain increases then better to see a doctor. For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

How to deal with back pain due to physical exertion and trauma?

Query: Hello doctor, I was practicing sports last sunday and did a flip. I kind of landed short, and the impact from my feet hurt my back. It was difficult to walk, and my back was paining, I could barely walk, and could not bend forward at all. I went to the ER, and all they did was an X-ray on my lumbar...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Back pain following physical exertion or trauma may be due to injury to tendons, ligaments, muscles, disc, bones or vertebre, and local nerves.Any undue stress or twisting movement leads to muscle or ligament sprain leading to low backache, which is excruciating and ...  Read Full »

I tripped while walking and middle toe is bent downward. Kindly give some advise.

Query: Hi doctor,While walking, I missed a step and accidentally bent my middle toe downward. There was a sharp pain for several minutes and subsided after a while. There is no swelling, deformation or bruising. It has been 5 hours now, and I have iced it thrice. I have also taken an anti-inflammatory medi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a sprain of ligaments. A break or fracture is less common from your description. Also, the fracture would have caused severe pain even at rest and not just on using the foot. I think that you can continue using ice, give rest to the foot as much as...  Read Full »

Is Surgery The Only Option For Knee Buckling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three day...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a cruciate ligament injury along with meniscal injury and you also have symptoms related to it. So, surgery is indicated in your case. It will not set...  Read Full »

Will cracking bones by chiropractor for relief cause discomfort in future?

Query: Hello doctor, Most often, I have heard from doctors that there is a liquid between every joint which is similar to an oil or grease to gears in the vehicle. They say, when we crack our bone, an element of that liquid gives the cracking sound and if we do it often, then the liquid declines and we ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cracking of joints is not advisable as there is a release of nitrogen molecule which in later stages can give trouble to joints more. In chiropractic practice, there is just unlocking of the joint so that the sensory system which is located over the joint gets releas...  Read Full »

There is severe pain in hand starting from shoulder to elbow. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother got pain in the right hand, severe pain starting from shoulder backside to elbow for the past 4 to 5 months. She could not lift her hand, drag the things with her hand.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concern. Pain and limited range of movement of the shoulder joint can be due to various reasons like fracture of the bones forming the joint, injury to the joint capsule, injury to ligaments o...  Read Full »

How long will it take to heal ankle injury?

Query: Hi doctor, I have injured my ankle while playing basketball. I have a swollen ankle on the left side and slightly less minor swelling on the right side of my ankle. I have a splint and taking calcium medicine along with other medicine and painkiller to reduce swelling. X-ray initially suggested a mi...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have a small medial malleolus avulsion fracture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a very small fragment and you do not need to worry about it. Your major injury is on the lateral side, which is the lateral collateral ligament of the ankle an...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion about my knee pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. My body weight is 72 kg and height is 5'8". I have a pain just behind the knee for the last five months and I feel it while standing from sitting position. If I sit on legs, then I feel stiffness in the back of the knee. Also, I cannot stand properly for more than a few...  Read Full »

Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history the problem has been long standing for around five months or more. I advise you to visit a nearest physiotherapist to start and continue knee physiotherapy. Abstain from sporting activity for a few weeks. If after around 4 to 6 weeks your symptoms do ...  Read Full »