Q. Why am I getting pain in the second toe on my right foot?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I have a pain in my second toe on my right foot. There is no swelling, bruising or discoloration. It does not hurt when walking or anything. It only hurts when being pushed down. For example, when I have to sit down on my knees that toe has a sharp pain when being pushed down on the ground. I do not know what it is.

#

• It is most likely a tendon or ligament problem, probably injury unknowingly likely during sleep. It should resolve within a week.
  • You should get prescribed tablet Naproxen 250 mg two times a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast once a day for three to four days from your doctor.
  • You should also have Diclofenac gel or spray for local application whenever needed for up to three to four times a day.
  • However, if it is not coming down or increasing in severity or any new symptoms have occurred, then get it examined by a doctor and you may need an x-ray.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|