Q. Is it possible to cure type 2 ligament tear without operation?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I got an accident before a month. I got a right knee ACL ligament type 2 tear. Is it possible for the type 2 ligament to get cured by itself without operation and if so, how many days does it take to heal?

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tears will not heal on its own as they are inside the joint. To bring the ends together, you need surgery, but even that too is not successful. It is the reason for doing ACL reconstruction. It is not recommended for everyone. Only if your knee is giving way or if it is unstable or when you are unable to lead an athletic life, then you need an ACL reconstruction.

|