Loneliness

How to deal with a failed relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20-years-old and I never had a healthy relationship with a guy. I was in love with a guy, but he left. And it has been six months, but I still cannot control my tears. I feel lonely and helpless. And when something happens at my home, it makes me more pathetic, and I keep crying f...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. It would be best if you move on in your life. I suggest you stop stalking him on all social media, delete all his contacts, do not stay alone, try to be active and as much busy as you can, discard all stuff related to ...  Read Full »

I feel lonely and depressed without friends. Kindly suggest.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel that I cannot make friends. My friends keep themselves away from me. They get bored of me and avoiding me. I feel lonely and depressed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What others do is not in our control. We can only work on ourselves. In fact, a real friend is one who accepts you as you are; otherwise, it does not matter if they are not your friends. You just try to be assertive and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and pran...  Read Full »

I am in love with my friend, but he is not taking it seriously. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I live with my parents, but I feel very lonely. My long time school friend introduced me to his childhood friend and we have been talking for the past two to three months through mobile. I like talking to him and wait for his test messages eagerly. I have started l...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have involved yourself emotionally in this relationship and have gone a step further by getting serious about it. First of all, you should know the wavelength of the person with whom we like. Without knowing what he is interested in, do not jump into conclusions. Pr...  Read Full »

How to help my girlfriend, who is showing behavioral changes?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has suddenly shown some behavioral changes. I know that she loves me a lot and I am with her past the 1 year and 2 months. However, some days back, she said that she has fallen for somebody in her office, who is married and has a kid. One fine day this guy from her office as...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all I would like to tell you that such type of sudden behavior change can be observed in depressive disorders or in personality issues. Another rare possibility is some relationship issue. She has fallen for a married man and this i...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome ego problems at office.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. After completion of school and I did not join college for eight years. Then I joined a diploma course. My father consulted many psychiatrists to find out my problem. Unfortunately, I was admitted by one doctor in nursing home for around three months for treatment. I hat...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading the history I can say that your main current issue is difficulty in continuing a job for long. You perform well in interviews and get selected for jobs but not able to continue the job. I want to know what kind of difficulties you face during the job? What i...  Read Full »

How to overcome feeling of being abandoned?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. I stay at my institute's hostel. Ever since I left my home and went to my hostel, I have experienced some issues like fear of abandonment, loneliness, and insecurities. All these all started in my first year of college life when I started feeling left out am...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read about your problem. This kind of problem is common in your age group people. You have depressive symptoms due to which person has more negative thoughts. It happens because of some chemical changes in the brain due to which the brain has difficulty in removi...  Read Full »

What is the reason for disinterest in activities with less concentration and loneliness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I am not interested in performing any activity, very low concentration in studies, sleep a lot, sad mood, behavior like not interested in attending the social program, not to talk, difficulty in sharing the feeling, emotions, difficulty in trusting others, e...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. Decreased interest in almost all activities, decreased social interaction, sadness, increased sleep, loss of concentration are features that clearly indicate a major depressive disorder. The condition is clearly treata...  Read Full »

How to overcome frustration and loneliness due to breakup with my girl friend?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago after a healthy relationship of four years. All these happened just within two days, and I could not even understand what to do and what not. She said that she forgot all the moments and memories of our relation, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are facing an adjustment disorder. The relationship appears to be an important part of your life, but still, change is the hard fact of life. You may not be able to forget her ever, but her memories will stop giving you pain. Currently, you do not need any medici...  Read Full »

How to avoid unnecessary conflicts with my fiance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old woman staying with my fiance in a live-in relationship. He is practical, and every parent would love to have him as a son. He is the one I can go to for the suggestion because I feel he will give me a better solution and he is perfect. He has a lot of friends where...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to see one partner being outgoing and having lots of friends while the other has a limited social circle. The best way to minimize conflicts in a relationship is to be open and talk regularly to prevent the development of any deep-seated resentments. Hav...  Read Full »

I have a rough life, and I feel always sleepy. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a rough life, and I am drained. Always sleeping and not eating, I still have sore heads and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have Crohn's disease and a colostomy bag, but I always have this emptiness feeling inside and sad and lonely all the time.I do not know w...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are going through a difficult time. According to the problems you have described above, it seems like you are suffering from depression. Feeling low and lonely, not feeling fresh after adequate rest, poor appetite, negative thoughts, and the emptines...  Read Full »