Loneliness

What is the reason for disinterest in activities with less concentration and loneliness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I am not interested in performing any activity, very low concentration in studies, sleep a lot, sad mood, behavior like not interested in attending the social program, not to talk, difficulty in sharing the feeling, emotions, difficulty in trusting others, e...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. Decreased interest in almost all activities, decreased social interaction, sadness, increased sleep, loss of concentration are features that clearly indicate a major depressive disorder. The condition is clearly treata...  Read Full »

How to overcome frustration and loneliness due to breakup with my girl friend?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago after a healthy relationship of four years. All these happened just within two days, and I could not even understand what to do and what not. She said that she forgot all the moments and memories of our relation, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are facing an adjustment disorder. The relationship appears to be an important part of your life, but still, change is the hard fact of life. You may not be able to forget her ever, but her memories will stop giving you pain. Currently, you do not need any medici...  Read Full »

How to avoid unnecessary conflicts with my fiance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old woman staying with my fiance in a live-in relationship. He is practical, and every parent would love to have him as a son. He is the one I can go to for the suggestion because I feel he will give me a better solution and he is perfect. He has a lot of friends where...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to see one partner being outgoing and having lots of friends while the other has a limited social circle. The best way to minimize conflicts in a relationship is to be open and talk regularly to prevent the development of any deep-seated resentments. Hav...  Read Full »

I have a rough life, and I feel always sleepy. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a rough life, and I am drained. Always sleeping and not eating, I still have sore heads and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have Crohn's disease and a colostomy bag, but I always have this emptiness feeling inside and sad and lonely all the time.I do not know w...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are going through a difficult time. According to the problems you have described above, it seems like you are suffering from depression. Feeling low and lonely, not feeling fresh after adequate rest, poor appetite, negative thoughts, and the emptines...  Read Full »

My partner is not talking to me and I am feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble in my relationship, my partner has not been contacting me for the past one month and it is affecting me a lot. I am talking to myself considering that I am talking to him, I am making up stories of why he is doing this, sometimes the story is against him and somtimes ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will last for some more weeks and you will then get adjusted to new change in your life. If he is not contacting you and is totally ignoring you then in that case there is no benefit in thinking about him. If he is so stubborn that he has no contact with you for...  Read Full »

I have mistakenly pushed my friends away. How to get over this loneliness?

Query: HelIo doctor, I am a 17 year old girl who through a series of mistakes has pushed my friends away. School is a constant battle and I feel alone and defeated. I am lonely and continually depressed. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it appears that you need to manage stress appropriately. Mistakes are a normal part of our life and there is no point in regretting them. Whatever might be the situation, you need to move forward. Identify the problems in school and star...  Read Full »

Thoughts about my breakup haunt me and I feel lonely. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling alone in life. I came to work abroad and fortunately got a job at a clothes shop and running it for a year. But, I have not been able to save to help my family. I feel weak and no proper food I am eating. I do not want to deal with customers at the shop. My past breakup ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from depression because of your situation. I suggest you take a few medications as you are having suicidal ideations too. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram and Sertraline will help you in early recovery. Visit a nearby ...  Read Full »

How to come out of loneliness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mind flip problem. My emotions get changed every hour. I am studying and living in a hostel. I have the feeling of loneliness. I do not want to be alone. I do not know how to deal with it.  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mood swings with frequent low mood episodes can occur due to lots of causes. If there is variation in a menstrual cycle, it can be a premenstrual syndrome. If you have a predominantly low mood, it can be dysthymia which is a low grade chronic long-term depression. As yo...  Read Full »

I do not have any friends and feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel that I cannot make friends. My friends keep themselves away from me. They get bored of me and avoiding me. I feel lonely and depressed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What others do is not in our control. We can only work on ourselves. In fact, a real friend is one who accepts you as you are; otherwise, it does not matter if they are not your friends. You just try to be assertive and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and pran...  Read Full »

My friend is not accepting my love. What shall I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I live with my parents, but I feel very lonely. My long time school friend introduced me to his childhood friend and we have been talking for the past two to three months through mobile. I like talking to him and wait for his test messages eagerly. I have started l...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have involved yourself emotionally in this relationship and have gone a step further by getting serious about it. First of all, you should know the wavelength of the person with whom we like. Without knowing what he is interested in, do not jump into conclusions. Pr...  Read Full »