Q. Thoughts about my breakup haunt me and I feel lonely. Please help.

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki
Published on Aug 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am feeling alone in life. I came to work abroad and fortunately got a job at a clothes shop and running it for a year. But, I have not been able to save to help my family. I feel weak and no proper food I am eating. I do not want to deal with customers at the shop. My past breakup thoughts haunt me and I feel lonely here. I cannot go back home because I do not have any money to help my family. Sometimes, I think about committing suicide.

#

You are suffering from depression because of your situation. I suggest you take a few medications as you are having suicidal ideations too.

SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram and Sertraline will help you in early recovery. Visit a nearby psychiatrist and take the medicine with their consent.

Keep confidence in yourself, this phase will be over too. Keep faith in yourself. All these problems are temporary and will improve with time.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

I do not want to get married and often get suicidal thoughts. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know what disease I am suffering from but it is killing me deep down. I do not want to get married, my parents are forcing me. Please help. It is going on from past 3 to 4 months. At times, I feel like going away from the house or to kill myself but then I see towards my fami...  Read Full »

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full »

Can skipping Lexapro tablets cause suicidal thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken antidepressants, in particular, Lexapro 20/10 mg for about five years for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the anti-depressants cold turkey for about a month and a half due to negligence on my part. During the month and a half, I only expe...  Read Full »