Q. What home remedies can be used to cure loose motions in a baby?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My 10 months old baby girl is having loose motion from the last five days. Sometimes she passes normal bowl, but today she is passing very loose bowls and since morning she has passed about five times, runny and loose stool. Kindly suggest me some home remedy or medicine.

#

Give ORS as much as she wants to prevent dehydration. Start Zinc syrup 10 milligrams once a day and a good brand of prebiotic probiotic available locally. Look around her bums area, if there is a redness rash, then apply Zinc-oxide cream locally 3 to 4 times a day. If she is looking dull, seems irritable for not passing urine, then please bring her to a pediatrician as soon as possible. If stool continues, please do stool routine and microbiology report.

Above all advice will not help to stop the stool frequency but it will help to prevent the complication. Mostly it is looking like viral gastroenteritis so it will subside by itself only to just give ORS when she passed the motion to prevent dehydration.

|