Q. Why do I get bloated stomach by the end of the day?

Published on Jul 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a stomach problem. It started with severe acidity and acid reflux. I get a bloated stomach by the end of the day.

I have a runny stool in the morning and have flatulence. I have not seen any presence of blood in the stool.

My doctor recently suggested the HP kit for pylori. It is four days and while the acidity has reduced, there is no change in the bloated stomach.

Currently, I am taking blood pressure tablets and Clopidogrel.

Hematology Pathology
#

For the acid reflux problem, you can take Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily for a week.

You can restrict excess spicy foods in diet. Cooked oatmeal help in soothing the stomach. Curd can be included more in the diet.

Gas forming foods should be restricted like cabbage, cauliflower, onion, turnip, etc. Eat slowly and avoid excess carbonated drink intake.

If you still have diarrhea, then stool routine micro examination has to be done. Before starting the H.Pylori kit, confirm H.Pylori infection by urea breath test.

You can be prescribed Zexid syrup (Magaldrate and Simethicone) for stomach bloating and follow the above advise.

For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

My baby often has loose stools. What medicines should I give him?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 6 months old son. He often suffers from loose stools. I do not know why it happens. My friend suggested I give Mathulai manappagu. Please share your thoughts.  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Giving medicine is not the ideal solution to his problem. Firstly, try to find out the exact cause behind the¬†loose motions. Because, once you find out the exact cause, it will be easy for you to avoid that causative factor and the loose motion...  Read Full

H. Pylori Infection - Diagnosis and Prevention

Article Overview: H. pylori infection is caused by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. It resides in the stomach tissues, causing ulcers, gastritis, and abdominal discomfort. This article discusses how this infection can be prevented from spreading. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S

Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that is commonly present in stomach lining causing ulcers. This infection is contagious and it spreads from one person to another due to poor maintenance of personal hygiene. It spreads through saliva and fecal contamination of food and water. Causes The stomach e...  Read Article

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full

Ask a General Practitioner Now