Q. I have taken medicines for H. pylori infection, but the symptoms did not get better. Please help.

Dr. Noushif M

I was diagnosed to have the H.pylori infection a year ago. I have taken several doses of antibiotics, but the symptoms did not get better. What could be the problem?

#

• The mere presence of Helicobacter pylori may not always be pathological. It can be endemic in certain areas.
  • Avoid taking long courses of antibiotics, as it is not needed for H.pylori.
  • My advice to you in this regard would be the following:
  1. Modify your diet. Avoid spicy, acid promoting, reflux promoting foods, etc.
  2. Have regular physical activities.
  3. Remain stress-free.
  4. Consult a nearby gastroenterologist for annual follow-up, or if the symptoms worsen.

For further queries consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|