Q. I feel like all my teeth are loose and going to fall out. Can this issue be reversed?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Nov 27, 2017

I used to have bruxism (now I do not because I wear a mouth guard) and now my gums are receding. It feels loose and worn out and I cannot even eat soft foods without it feeling wobbly. I cannot even speak properly because I feel like my teeth are going to fall out. Are all my teeth going to drop out? I have booked a dental appointment for next week but I am afraid it is too late. I am so anxious and worried. This is causing a major problem for my everyday life and I cannot speak, eat or function properly anymore. Are there any ways to reverse this issue or any instant cure so that I can go back to living a normal life? Please help me. My current medications are Magnesium vitamins and Corsodyl mouthwash.

#

I have been through your query.

• You are using Corsodyl mouthwash. That contains Chlorhexidine gluconate and is a broad spectrum antibiotic used to treat various aphthous ulcers or other oral infections. But, if you have listened to the previous dentist, he would have recommended the mouthwash for only one month and would have told you to discontinue the use.
  • You might also be having symptoms like mild staining on your teeth and oral tissues and a metallic taste to water. These are all symptoms of  Corsodyl mouthwash. So, stop using it immediately and use these precautions very carefully:
  1. Brush using an ultrasoft toothbrush and brush for just two minutes.
  2. Do not chew hard foods, eat soft foods.
  3. Use your nightguard as usual.
  4. Floss your teeth. Do not allow food to get impacted under the gumline.
  5. Rinse with plain water after meals.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

What are the causes of bad nose smell?

Query: Hello doctor,Why do I have this bad smell coming from my nose? It is embarrassing. People around me smell it all the time. I do not have my mouth open and people smell it soon as I walk in the room. What is it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first thing that comes to my mind is a disease called atrophic rhinitis. Here, the mucous membrane and structures inside the nose shrink and the nasal cavity is filled with crusts, which get infected and smell. In this condition, the patient has decreased sense of s...  Read Full

How to straighten teeth without braces or veneers?

Query: Hello doctor, I want straight teeth. I do not want braces or accelerated orthodontics or veneers. And I do not want a retainer. Is there any hope?  Read Full >>

Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various methods to obtain properly aligned teeth include braces, accelerated orthodontics, veneers, retainers and few others. The suitable method for you can be decided by knowing your age, teeth alignment, gum and jaw bone condition, any parafunctional habits like...  Read Full

Shall I opt flap surgery and bone graft for my loose tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe toothache and loose teeth. I used to chew tobacco for the past 10 years. I am getting severe tooth pain often and some blister in the gums. My upper sixth tooth got loose and was removed three years ago. I have been to a local dentist and they advised deep scaling, root...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that the loose teeth have gone beyond repair and should be removed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The alternative treatment plan, which is cost effective, do deep scaling first to get clean gums and teeth and then use Betadine mouthwash for ...  Read Full