Receding Gums

What causes black cracks in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth  (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all thank God that you met a good endodontist who diagnosed the right problem. Secondly, through all your case history it is evident that you are having a chronic habit of clenching your jaws that is called 'bruxism' in medical terms. What happens in it is, due t...  Read Full »

What is the cause of pain in the gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain below two of my front teeth in the gum area. I feel the pain even when I press my tongue in the back of the same teeth. The gum is also hurting bad. On the outside of my face, I can not touch over that spot as it is very painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain in gums indicate a site of infection or abscess. When did the pain start? Is it felt only on touching? Is it continuous or throbbing? Is there any swelling or redness in the area? Is it localized in one area or spread out? Is there pus or fluid felt on touchin...  Read Full »

Why is bone exposed in my gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sore, swollen and receding gums with bleeding seem to be most probably due to an active gum infection that is causing a loss of attachment from the gum and underlying bone, making the teeth loose. This condition is called periodontitis. Using only a mouth wash will not...  Read Full »

My gums are bleeding with some change in the shape. Will my gums take the original shape?

Query: Hello doctor,I have bleeding gums for a year or so, and it usually happens after I brush my teeth. I find a slight change in the shape of my gums. I have been taking extra oral care. Is there anything I could do to stop my gums from bleeding? And if the bleeding stops permanently, will my gums take ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of bleeding gums is plaque and calculus deposition on teeth and gums (due to improper maintenance of oral hygiene). Only brushing and mouthwashing at home may not work since it is a little advanced stage and demands professional help (teeth clea...  Read Full »

My gums have receded because of improper brushing. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old, and I am worried because I feel that my gums have receded. It is because of my improper brushing routine, they are yellow, not wobbly, and gums are becoming a darker version of red, gums have receded from the front teeth.  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ilciniq.com. Your teeth are stained with yellow plaques, and the condition is called gingivitis. Try this home remedy, 1) Take one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. 2) Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after brushing wit...  Read Full »

How to treat receding gum line?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing a receding gum line and decaying teeth in my front two bottom teeth. I am desperately afraid of the dentist. I am also scared of losing the affected teeth. I need to know how to proceed with my treatment. Is there a way to make it better? I am currently on birth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Unfortunately, there is nothing better you can do but visit a dentist and get scaling or cleaning of this hard plaque and tartar done as soon as possible. It was a plaque that gets hardened...  Read Full »

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use warm saline gargling daily at least 2 or 3 times, for two weeks. This will help in reducing the inflammation and help in preventing further recession of gum line. Also if you can get Betadine gargle for rinsing then it would be much better, this would be of grea...  Read Full »

Can crowding cause severe gum recession?

Query: Hi doctor, This afternoon I noticed some pretty severe gum recession on my left lower cuspid (approximately 5 mm). As far as I can tell, it is the only tooth with any signs of gum recession, and I think it might be due to crowding (my lateral incisor and first bicuspid are slightly behind and might...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is okay. You do not need to rush to the dentist. The clinical scenario of teeth that you told indicates that most probably this gum recession is caused by yourself. You brush like giving a slight high power stroke on right and left bicuspids and then with normal forc...  Read Full »

Is there any effective treatment for receding gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask you about the problem of the decline of the gums. Is there an effective treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are following treatment options for your case. Scaling of all teeth and then follow medications. You should get mild scaling treatment for teeth and then start using Chlorhexadine gluconate mouthwash for two weeks twice a day. Do saline water mouthrinses (...  Read Full »

I have receding and weak gums. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an issue regarding my gums. For the past few days, I have been feeling that my gums are becoming weak and thin as they are leaving my teeth and going down from my teeth. I want to say that a part of the teeth which is hidden under gum is showing. I am a smoker and I am already tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. Receding gums can be a problem associated with many factors. It is known as the recession of gums. I would like to know if you have a habit of brushing your teeth hard. Smoking causes stains on teeth ...  Read Full »