Q. I am suffering from a loss of sensation in my penis after the usage of delay spray. Please help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am suffering from the loss of sensitivity in my penis. About a month ago, I used delay spray before sexual intercourse. After I used it, my glans penis became numb, lost sensitivity, even I could not have an erection. I took rest for a month; now, the erectile function has returned to normal. Can I have sex with my partner? But still, I have a problem with my penis; my glans' sensitivity becomes very low. I can hardly feel it and have no sexual stimulation. The symptoms now persist, I doubt that if the delay spray can cause nerve injury, some local urologists told me the external medicine could not cause nerve injury.

So please suggest methods to regain sensation in the glans. Thank you very much.

#

Thanks for consulting with us.

Delay spray is a local anesthetic agent, and it is used mainly for premature ejaculation. It temporarily blocks the nerve conduction of signals, causing loss of sensation, mostly touch and pain. If you pinch your glans by now, I am sure you will have a problem. The spray cannot cause nerve injury, but touch feeling can take up to three months in some cases to completely recover. Stop using the spray, and no other treatment is indicated. You can take Neurobion (Vitamin B1- Thiamin, Vitamin B6- Pyridoxine, and Vitamin B12) tablets one tablet twice daily for six weeks to recover faster the nerve block. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

|