Q. I have a weird sensation in my penis, and my erections are not hard. Can you please help me?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
Hi Doc!
I am a 19 year old boy and off late I have a weird sensation in my penis sometimes and my erections are not as hard as earlier. I am currently not on any medication and this is the first time something like this is happening. I was a bit concerned about it and with the corona virus situation I cannot go out so I thought of consulting someone online. Can you please help me with this?
#

Dear.

Hope you are doing well

• R u masturbation too much?
  • You are having any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, burning micturation?
  • Any history of smoking? Alcoholism ?
  • R u diabetic or hypertensive?
  • Any investigations done recently?

Waiting for your answers Regards

| 
Yes I think I was masturbating a little too much maybe so I have reduced it since the past 2-3 days. I don’t think i’m having any other problems except for the erection.
I consume alcohol occasionally and i smoke frequently. I do not have any health problems and I am a healthy and fit.
#

thats it. At present its just coz of overdoing (excess of everything is bad). I suggest you to reduce your smoking habit (in long run it have multiple side effects you cant think of). I agree its difficult time of lockdown but you can utilise this time on your health which otherwise we mostly donot take care off. you donot need any medicaations.

Stay home stay safe

regards feel free to ask anything you want in future if needed.

| 
Thank you so much doc!
I also forgot to tell you I feel I have reduced sensation too. Also, masturbating how many times do you think would be fine or healthy and won’t cause any problems. Do I need to take any medicines?
#

There is no standard criterion for setting frequency of masturbation. For some once a day is ok for others once a week. But certainly 2-3 times a day on regular basis is not good. Just decrease your frequency of masturbation to once in couple of days and if you still feel that sensation is less and erections are not that hard then can try Tab Tadalafil 2.5 mg once a day x 1 week Feel free to ask anything else you want

|