Q. I have a weird sensation in my penis, and my erections are not hard. Can you please help me?

Dr. Ankush Jairath
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I am a 19-year-old boy. I have a weird sensation in my penis sometimes, and my erections are not as hard as earlier. I am currently not on any medication, and this is the first time something like this is happening. I was a bit concerned about it, and with the coronavirus situation, I cannot go out, so I thought of consulting someone online. Can you please help me with this?

#

Are you on masturbation too much? Do you have any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, burning micturation? Any history of smoking or alcoholism? Are you diabetic or hypertensive? Were any investigations done recently?

Yes, I think I was masturbating a little too much, maybe so I have reduced it for the past 2-3 days. I do not think I am having any other problems except for the erection. I consume alcohol occasionally, and I smoke frequently. I do not have any health problems, and I am healthy and fit.

#

At present, it is just because of overdoing (excess of everything is bad). I suggest you reduce your smoking habit (in the long run, it has multiple side effects you cant think of). I agree it is a difficult time of lockdown, but you can utilize this time on your health, which we mostly do not take care of. You do not need any medications.

I also forgot to tell you that I have reduced sensation too. Also, masturbating, how many times do you think would be fine or healthy and will not cause any problems. Do I need to take any medicines?

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

There is no standard criterion for setting the frequency of masturbation. For some, once a day is ok for others once a week. But certainly, 2-3 times a day on a regular basis is not good. Just decrease your frequency of masturbation to once in a couple of days, and if you still feel that sensation is less and erections are not that hard, then you can try Tablet Tadalafil 2.5 mg once a day for one week. Feel free to ask anything else you want.

|