Loteprednol Etabonate

Which anti-allergic eye drops can I use for seasonal allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffer from seasonal allergy every year. It starts from the month of August till December for the past 15 years. When the season changes, I get running nose, excessive sneezing and itchy watery eyes. I also have an intolerable itching in the eyelids and in the corners of the eye. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The allergic eye can be treated with eye drops such as Olopatadine once a day or twice if severe. This can be used for a long term relief. For an acute exacerbation, use Loteprednol eye drops two hours or as frequently as required when you have an itch. If it is a very se...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for dry and red eyes.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had redness in my eyes. I began using Tetryzoline but it had no effect. The redness has increased in the past two weeks. It feels dry, itchy, and occasionally gritty on my eyes. I recently began to experience pain around my eyes on the left side. I use to work on the computer for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will tell the medicines as well as ways to tackle the screen time. Start Moxifloxacin plus Loteprednol eye drops four times a day for next five days then taper it to two times for the next five days then stop. Olopatadine 0.2 percent eye drops two times a day regular...  Read Full »

Why is my vision blurry after getting pink eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 26. My problem started with an incident while cutting my nail and a piece of the nail hit my right eye. Luckily, it was a minor cut. I consult with a doctor and his medicine solved my problem. After some days, conjunctivitis attacked my right eye and spread into both the eyes. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the history you described, I think you had adenoviral conjunctivitis and after that blurry vision was due to post adenoviral subepithelial keratitis. Sometimes, adenoviral is resolved without involving the cornea. But, if it involve, then the problem will take time t...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for eyelid swelling?

Query: Hello doctor,My left lower eyelid is swelled for more than two months, and recently a few days back, I noticed, my left upper eyelid also got swelled. I do not know why is it happening, and I need to treat this as soon as possible. I am worried. I am using contact lenses for six years, and nothing l...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This all sounds like an allergy. Have you started using some new cosmetics? You can start by not using them anymore if you are. To relieve yourself from the swelling, please use Lotemax (Loteprednol Etabonate) eye drops one drop three times daily for 10 days. You can...  Read Full »

Why are my eyes dry, pain, and irritate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student, and I stay in a highly polluted area. I got shifted here five months ago. Early in the morning as soon as I wake up for five to ten minutes, my eyes start paining and irritating. Few times it also turns red. Due to this I could not wake up on time and also feel uncomforta...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, it looks like a condition called vernal keratoconjunctivitis. It is a type of allergic condition. It increases in summer and dusty polluted environment. I suggest you wash your eyes with cold filter water twice a day. Also, use Pataday eye drops (O...  Read Full »

Can Loteprednol Etabonate eye drop be used for subconjunctival hemorrhage?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Loteprednol Etabonate eye drop be used for nine days old subconjunctival hemorrhage? I had a sudden onset of eye problem, when I consulted an eye specialist he diagnosed it as a subconjunctival hemorrhage. He advised Ofloxacin eye drop for five days and Teardrop. I am 27 years old, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the time, the cause of a subconjunctival hemorrhage is idiopathic that is, without any underlying cause. Whatever treatment is given to you is only symptomatic treatment. They may not cure underlying the cause if any. It can occur due to unknowingly rubbing the ...  Read Full »

The eye drops drain into my mouth. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, The eye drops Loteprednol and Tobramycin drain into my mouth through my eye. I am now feeling the taste of the medicine into my mouth. Is it dangerous?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it is not dangerous. It just goes to show that drainage of tears is very good in your body so do not worry. The next time when you put drops, put pressure on the nasal side of the lower eyelid for one minute. It will not reach your mouth. But the Lotepredno...  Read Full »

Will my residual refractive error reduce after three months of LASIK and CXL?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got LASIK and CXL in one eye, and Epi-LASIK for the other eye. The Epil-LASIK was done a month back. My vision is 6/18 with -2.5 in Epi-LASIK treated eye and 0.5 in LASIK treated eye. The enhancement was not possible as my cornea thickness was low. Can I use spectacles? Some...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use glasses for residual refractive errors. Diplopia is common above 2 diopter difference. However, it may not be the case in every patient. Some people can tolerate larger differences as well. Also, using contact lenses is an option. You can use it in one eye or ...  Read Full »