Q. Will my residual refractive error reduce after three months of LASIK and CXL?

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

I recently got LASIK and CXL in one eye, and Epi-LASIK for the other eye. The Epil-LASIK was done a month back. My vision is 6/18 with -2.5 in Epi-LASIK treated eye and 0.5 in LASIK treated eye. The enhancement was not possible as my cornea thickness was low. Can I use spectacles? Somebody said that the difference between two was 2D vision will be double vision. Please suggest what to do. Shall I use spectacles? Will my vision vary in three months? The doctor is saying that it will reduce within three months. My vision target was 6/12, but now I have 6/18 and cylindrical power is 1D. Please help me out.

#

• You can use glasses for residual refractive errors. Diplopia is common above 2 diopter difference. However, it may not be the case in every patient. Some people can tolerate larger differences as well.
  • Also, using contact lenses is an option. You can use it in one eye or both depending on your comfort level. I hope this helps.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Will my residual refractive power reduce in the next three months?

#

• Yes, your residual error can decrease slightly in three months. But, it will not be significant (-0.5 or so). Post CXL (corneal cross-linking), the residual error may change after some time. Also, with Epi-LASIK, one to one and half month should stabilize the error.
  • Continue with lubricating eye drops, Cyclosporine, and low potency steroids like Loteprednol for six months. But, drastic changes in residual error are not expected.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

When can I get CXL again?

#

• CXL may be done if progression is noted (unstable number). You can get a repeat topography after a month. Also, track the refractive error every month.
  • At any time, if the refractive error increases with the corresponding change in the posterior float of topography, then consider CXL. If the refractive error corrected is very large, combining CXL with a primary procedure is advisable.

|