Q. I am suffering from eyelid swelling. Kindly suggest treatment.

Dr. Souhad

My left lower eyelid is swelled for more than two months, and recently a few days back, I noticed, my left upper eyelid also got swelled. I do not know why is it happening, and I need to treat this as soon as possible. I am worried. I am using contact lenses for six years, and nothing like this ever happened with me before.

Dr. Souhad

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

This all sounds like an allergy. Have you started using some new cosmetics? You can start by not using them anymore if you are. To relieve yourself from the swelling, please use Lotemax (Loteprednol Etabonate) eye drops one drop three times daily for 10 days. You cannot use it when you are wearing your lenses and should shake the bottle well before using it.

Also and since you are contact lens user, you might want to lubricate the eyes with artificial tears, one drop four times daily even when you are using the lenses. If the symptoms do not subside within five days, please upload some good quality photos of your eyes or visit the ophthalmologist.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Will my residual refractive error reduce after three months of LASIK and CXL?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got LASIK and CXL in one eye, and Epi-LASIK for the other eye. The Epil-LASIK was done a month back. My vision is 6/18 with -2.5 in Epi-LASIK treated eye and 0.5 in LASIK treated eye. The enhancement was not possible as my cornea thickness was low. Can I use spectacles? Some...  Read Full »

The eye drops drain into my mouth. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, The eye drops Loteprednol and Tobramycin drain into my mouth through my eye. I am now feeling the taste of the medicine into my mouth. Is it dangerous?  Read Full »

Why is my vision blurred after an eye injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.  Read Full »