Q. What is the reason for my decreasing hemoglobin levels?

Dr. Smrita Singh

I am a 31 year old female. My hemoglobin is going down after bone marrow aspiration and biopsy or due to the medicines I am taking. I am taking Wysolone 25 mg daily and Danazol 200 mg twice a day since 12 days.

#

• As per the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), only the serum ferritin levels are quite elevated along with reduced RBC count and hemoglobin levels. This picture is indicative of ineffective erythropoiesis which can be either due to a chronic inflammatory disease or due to immune-mediated anemia.
  • The treatment that you are receiving, that is, Wysolone and Danazol are used to treat immune-mediated anemia or thrombocytopenia (in which the platelet count decreases).
  • The fall in hemoglobin is not due to the bone marrow biopsy or the drugs.
  • These drugs take time to show a noticeable difference. Please be a little patient.
  • I would suggest you get a CBC (complete blood count) done after a month of taking the drugs. If the hemoglobin continues to decrease, you need to consult with your hematologist again.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|