Q. I have low sperm count. Is there any way to boost my sperm production and sperm count?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I did a test, and the result was low sperm count. After taking the prescribed drugs, it went from low to zero. I need help.

#

Thanks for consulting us.

I reviewed your results (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I found that you have issues with your testis, which is in the failure stage and does not produce enough sperms, and testosterone is low.

I am sure you took supplements to correct your testosterone, and then sperms went to zero.

The best thing for you is to stop the testosterone supplement, then find a fertility center where you can do a testicular biopsy after three months of stopping testosterone and to analyze results, and to check whether you have viable sperms, then do ICSI ( intracytoplasmic sperm injection) to achieve pregnancy, but if there are no viable sperms, then the only option is to adopt.

So, is there no way to boost my sperm count and produce enough sperm? Because there are not many fertility clinics around here. The one I went to was the person who prescribed the drugs I took that reduced it to zero. Please help me out. My marriage is not up to a year yet, please.

#

There is a testicular failure as the level of FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) is high. The level above 20 indicates that the testis cannot produce sperms. The only way is to stop medications and give it a gap, then do the biopsy, which can decide on your fertility.

You can try stopping the previously given medications and take tablet Clomid (Clomiphene) 25 mg once daily for three months, then do blood testosterone LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH in addition to semen analysis then show me the results.

I will do as advised. Lastly does sexual enhancement drugs like Viagra and Vega 100 affect sperm production or motility. Is it advised to be used or not?

#

As far as Sildenafil with a dose of 25 to 50 mg is safe. These medications does not affect the sperm production.

Thanks doctor. One last question. Does alcohol affect sperm production and sperm count? I do drink beer and sometimes wine. Though I have been off alcoholic beverages for some time, and it is starting to cause problems between my wife and me, she is complaining I am not fun again. Is red wine or champagne fine to consume? Also, does drinking soda and other beverages affect it as well? I need to live healthier because I want children of my own.

#

Welcome back to iclinq.com.

Generally, alcohol has a bad effect on sperm production and counts.

So I should abstain completely, or can I stick with occasional consumption?

#

Actually, you should leave it completely as your sperm counts are low.

|