Q. What is the meaning of non-necrotic lymph node?

Dr. Andrew Chellakumar Fenn
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 27 year old male. I have a painless lump just under the skin in the groin area. I have done an ultrasound. The impression is given 15 x 5 mm non-necrotic lymph node. I am taking Amoxicillin antibiotic 625 mg. What is the meaning of non-necrotic lymph node? Is it cancerous?

#

• Most probably non-cancerous. Non-necrotic means that there is no dead tissue inside the node.
  • Necrosis indicates either tuberculosis or cancer. If the node does not regress with antibiotics, it may need further evaluation.
  • Please see your doctor again after a week. Cancer or TB can present even without necrosis.
  • If it is cancer or TB, usually it will not respond to antibiotics, unless it is secondarily infected. Hence, you should keep on close follow up and see your doctor again after a week.

For further information consult a radiation oncologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiation-oncologist

|