Q. I have an endobronchial nodule in the right lobe. Is it cancer?

Dr. Abaranam Innaci
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2022

I have a 0.2 cm endobronchial nodule in the right lower lobe. I was a smoker for 20 years. I had a CT scan for cough and now new nodule. Is this cancer?

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It seems to be a very small nodule. Do not get afraid first.

Anyway, we have to confirm the pathology. At present, take treatment for cough. You will need to take follow up if the symptoms continue or after three months if the nodule is progressive.

From the last five months, the nodule is new. Can that be a bad sign? How do I know if it is benign? Do I have to wait for three months and repeat? Can it be a respiratory infection?

#

For the last five months, the size is 2 mm. So, the probability of it being benign is very high.

To confirm that, we have to take a biopsy. But for such a small nodule it is not needed at present.

It may be due to an infection also.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|