Lung Nodules

Please suggest treatment for chronic dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from chronic dry cough originating primarily in bronchial area. I feel fatigue, vertigo, lack of appetite and periodic nausea. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic cough since long time suggests some allergic condition like asthma. For proper diagnosis you should do a chest x-ray and spirometry test. Other symptoms can be suggestive of some infective cause like tuberculosis. So, ultimately after an x-ray and spirometry...  Read Full »

Kindly take a look at my chest scan and give your advice.

Query: Hello doctor,Kindly take a look at my results from various scans of my chest and advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your FDG-PET reports, which is very sensitive to detect any tumor activity in unidentified mass as the scan shows solitary pulmonary nodules in the left lateral lower lobe. This scan is beneficial to identify and detect tumor by detecting the oxygen u...  Read Full »

What is the hazy region near lung nodule in a CT-scan?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is a 68-year-old female, non-smoker. She had a severe cold and cough two months ago. After a course of Azithromycin, her symptoms improved except she just has a dry cough at night. Last week she had a cough with blood. I took her to urgent care, they prescribed antibiotics (...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the 10 images uploaded, 8 CT images and two report images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are right about the haziness posterior to the nodule in images 97-99/ 241. So what we see is a nodule with hazy margins. Concerning this a...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having cough for a long duration?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner is 53 years old. She is suffering from a severe cough for a few days. Though she has the problem for a long time, it always becomes fine after some days. But this time she is not getting relief. She visited a doctor, and several tests were done. Currently, she is taking Perifl...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These symptoms are caused due to the nodule present in the lungs. It could be benign and harmless. But at this age, every nodule must be observed if there are symptoms especially. The nodu...  Read Full »

Does CT scan go through lead aprons?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old female. I went to the hospital ER for hip or abdominal pain. They ordered a CT scan. During the scan, they used lead aprons on my breast, neck, and abdomen. Does the scan go through these aprons? They found nothing but a nodule on my lung. I am just wondering if it s...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lead guards used during scan prevent harmful radiation effects to your thyroid, ovaries, and breast and hence are used as protection. These aprons do not obliterate the radiations and all the organs covered are visualized minus the harmful effect of X-rays. For th...  Read Full »

I have an endobronchial nodule in the right lobe. Is it cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 0.2 cm endobronchial nodule in the right lower lobe. I was a smoker for 20 years. I had a CT scan for cough and now new nodule. Is this cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Abaranam

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be a very small nodule. Do not get afraid first. Anyway, we have to confirm the pathology. At present, take treatment for cough. You will need to take follow up if the sym...  Read Full »

I have a 2 mm solitary pulmonary nodule. Is this serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 74-year-old male, weighing 142 lbs, height 5'10" and a non-smoker. I worked in an auto body shop for two years and painting cars for 18 to 19 years. Had minimal exposure to asbestos and quit grain farming at the age of 44 years. When I was 56 years old, I had a severe panic dis...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, solitary pulmonary nodule which is asymptomatic does not require any further investigations. However, any persisting fever, cough and cold warrants bronchoscopy and biopsy of the lesion to rule out any possible causes. Atelectasis is the collapse of alveoli of the...  Read Full »

Chest X-ray showed a single nodule. Is a biopsy required to rule out cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female.The initial illness began early this year. The symptoms were cough, SOB, chest pain, and wheezing. I was treated for pneumonia but never got better. Repeated X-rays showed adenopathy as a possibility. So, a CT scan was done which showed hilar, mediastinal aden...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history. There are two clinching things. One is a pulmonary nodule and other is mediastinal adenopathy. For pulmonary nodule of 1.2 cm, it can be due to a number of reasons. But, if it is not enlarging in size it is most probably benign. Just get a ...  Read Full »

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There appears to be a mild prominence of the bronchovascular markings in both the lungs, more so in the lower lobes. This is not a serious problem and sometimes can occur without any acc...  Read Full »

Are the opacities in my chest x-ray due to cold?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a chest x-ray for medical examination. The doctor asked me to take the x-ray twice. These days, I am suffering from cold and throat pain. Will it affect my result? Earlier I had some allergy, but nowadays I did not have that problem. Is it a serious problem to consider? Please guid...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is an opaque small mass that could be just a normal blood vessel or an abscess or a cystic mass. But in order to confirm, you need an MRI scan of your chest. The cold and throat pain are not the cause of these opacities. For further information consult an internal ...  Read Full »