Q. Is my blood test report normal?

I need a doctor to review this blood work that I received. I have had chronic sinus infections. Currently, I am taking Doxycycline 100 mg, twice a day for three weeks, for an upper respiratory infection. I am now on my second week of antibiotics.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Overall, it is fine with some abnormalities. Firstly, your potassium is high which is likely a false positive report due to hemolysis of RBC. So, nothing to worry about it. However, better to get reconfirmed. Next is your, SGOT and SGPT, which indicates liver injury and the most probable reason for such mild elevation is fatty liver, for which you need to have a healthy lifestyle, low fat and oily, calorie diet and weight loss if you are overweight. Also, ultrasound of liver is advisable to confirm fatty liver. Also, it is better to obtain hepatitis viral profile (hepatitis B and C test) to rule out the possibility of hepatitis.

Next is your WBC in urine which are borderlinely elevated suggests a possibility of UTI. Although it is not significantly elevated. Also, Doxycycline will work over it. So, you may just repeat urine routine examination if you develop any symptoms of UTI like burning, increased frequency, etc. Mild ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) elevation may be due to upper respiratory infection. Rest of your blood parameters are fine and figures in red are not necessarily abnormal.

In the CT scan, cysts are associated with sinusitis and can be observed. Also, lung nodules and ovarian cyst are also commonly found and need no specific treatment other than observation. Also, while obtaining an ultrasound of the liver, it should also include ovaries to characterize those cyst better. So, overall, findings in CT are benign and does not appear worrisome. However, once get examined by a local doctor for complete evaluation.

|