Q. Is follicular lymphoma a cancer?

Answered by Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Do you have a question on Lymphoma or Complete Blood Count? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

About two months ago, I had a physical illness, and my doctor found, a mass under my right armpit. I was sent for an ultrasound needle biopsy, and blood test, and a pet test. I was told that I had follicular lymphoma stage 3. I was upset and in tears. My doctor told me, that follicular lymphoma, was a prolonged progressing cancer, and responded very well to chemotherapy.After all of these test, and verification, of what I had. My oncologist said, he would send me home, for three months, then at the next appointment, he would decide, on further test and or treatment. As the doctor said is that this cancer, and what do you think, about being sent home, for three months for a watch and wait.