Q. I have malabsorption, rosacea, and oral thrush. Do these indicate GI issues?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 31, 2020

I suffer from malabsorption, rosacea, and oral thrush. I think it is a GI issue of some kind, but not sure. Could someone please give me an idea of what I have and how to treat the issue?

#

Mostly rosacea is associated with malabsorption syndrome in cases of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial outgrowth). It could be associated with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). I need to know about your blood sugars and thyroid status. Also, I need to know what medications you have been taking.

My blood sugar and thyroid levels are normal. The albumin serum level is 5.1. I am not taking any medications. I Just take vitamin E, Milk thistle, Olive leaf, and Apple cider vinegar supplements.

#

Welcome back to iclinq.com.

If your blood work is normal, we do not need to go for treatment. In fact, I do not recommend any treatment for all this until and unless my patient has particular symptoms. Like, I would treat rosacea if it is troubling instead of getting too many antibiotics and steroids for SIBO.

Yes, one thing though costly, helps greatly, to some extent in this. If you can afford or convince your doctor to provide you Coenzyme Q10, it works like magic.

|