Q. I am suffering from oral thrush. Please help.

Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 18, 2021

I am suffering from oral thrush, and my symptoms are whitish tongue and upper part of the mouth, damaged taste buds, unpleasant taste in the mouth, and a reddish area around the tonsils. Please help me.

#

• You have to investigate and confirm that if it is secondary to a fungal infection or bacterial infection. You need to get a throat or an oral swab and culture.
  • If confirmed that it is fungal, then you need to start on antifungal medication like Itraconazole 200 mg, once a day for 14 days.
  • Eat yogurt, as it contains essential lactobacillus, which will help in maintaining normal healthy flora of your oral cavity. It will fight the infection.
  • Avoid sugary food, as they may increase the infection.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|