Q. Why do I always feel lazy and have muscle pains?

Published on Jul 23, 2017

Hi doctor,

I am 21 years old, who weighs 50 kg, and I am 5.10 feet tall. I feel lazy all the time. I always have a headache and pain in the muscles of the shoulder and neck. Sometimes, my joints also pain.

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

• Your main problem is you are malnourished, and your (BMI) body mass index is low. Because of weak muscles, you are getting cervical pain and joint pains.
  • I would suggest you try the following:
  1. Take a healthy protein-rich diet that is, possibly 4 to 6 eggs a day and a good amount of meat.
  2. If you smoke, then stop smoking.
  3. Take vitamin D sachets weekly for six weeks.
  4. A regular exercise program will help. Or 30 to 60 minutes brisk walking for five days will also help.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

How to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very thin. I want to gain more mass and weight. For that I am consuming multivitamin tablets and protein powder, but no use. I have a doubt that whatever I am taking is not 100% digesting to supply that energy to my body? What do I do?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can definitely gain weight. If you think you are not getting 100% of what you are eating, it could be probably due to worm infestation in intestine. For that you can take tablet Ivoral Forte (combination of Ivermectin and Albendazole) once after dinner. To gain weight...  Read Full

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton. If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out. If the above features are not pr...  Read Full

How to gain weight as I am underweight and more vulnerable to climate change?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am underweight and my BMI is low (below 18). I do not have any other medical issues. But, I used to get vulnerable cold and cough to climate change.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, your immune system is very weak. Some people like you are very much prone to cold and cough, because of which the body's normal biological systems gets disturbed during each season. When our immune system gets altered our antigens, which are the fighting soldie...  Read Full