Q. I woke up today morning with wheezing and cough with mucus. What should I do?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I am a 41 year old female. I woke up in the morning with wheezing, throat congestion, and cough. The cough was not dry but with mucus. It looks like the weather has triggered it. I have experienced this condition previously at the same time of the year. I also feel some heaviness in the chest. Please suggest.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• If you are sure you have wheezing, I suggest you start using inhalers having a combination of Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate. Using a Levosalbutamol inhaler would also be beneficial. Take one puff twice daily for a week and then only one puff at night for a week.
  • For allergy please start antihistamines like Cetirizine or Loratadine.
  • If there is a lot of phlegm, please start mucolytics like N-acetylcysteine 1200 once daily or 600 twice daily.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|