Q. I woke up today morning with wheezing and cough with mucus. What should I do?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
Published on Jul 04, 2017

I am a 41 year old female. I woke up in the morning with wheezing, throat congestion, and cough. The cough was not dry but with mucus. It looks like the weather has triggered it. I have experienced this condition previously at the same time of the year. I also feel some heaviness in the chest. Please suggest.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• If you are sure you have wheezing, I suggest you start using inhalers having a combination of Salmeterol and Fluticasone propionate. Using a Levosalbutamol inhaler would also be beneficial. Take one puff twice daily for a week and then only one puff at night for a week.
  • For allergy please start antihistamines like Cetirizine or Loratadine.
  • If there is a lot of phlegm, please start mucolytics like N-acetylcysteine 1200 once daily or 600 twice daily.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Cetirizine and Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hi doctor, When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?  Read Full »

Is Levolin inhaler safe to use in kids?

Query: Hello doctor, My physician has always suggested Budecort 100 mcg for my kid for four years and Levolin inhaler along with Montair LC kids tablet daily and some cough syrup since he is allergic. He is having a dry cough and Altacef is given sometimes if worse. The doctor in...  Read Full »

Paracetamol in Pregnancies

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is suffering from severe cold, headache and throat pain. Can she take Paracetamol, antibiotics, and Cetirizine? We are planning for pregnancy, using medicine for it. This is her 12th day after the period.  Read Full »