Q. How can I control anger and anxiety?

I have a problem controlling my anger and anxieties which leads to erratic, eruptive behavior. It is hard to let bad things go for me. My expectations from others are very high and that leads to making them feel bad for not doing enough.

#

Could you please provide more details about the problem? Do you think that the anger issues are persistent since years or are these issues occurring in episodes? Like you become irritable and have anger outbursts for a few weeks and then you are totally alright?

The repetitive anger outbursts could occur in some mood disorders like bipolar disorder. But other symptoms like stubbornness, increased activity, the risk-taking behavior, decreased need for sleep, disinhibited behavior, etc., are also seen. These symptoms usually occur in episodes. This could be due to intermittent explosive disorders. Episodes of anger outbursts are seen usually and sometimes after that, individuals feel guilty because of their behavior. Even atypical depression can present with irritability which cannot be explained. Low mood, sensitivity to rejection, anxiety, etc., are seen. You should visit a psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment. Drugs like Sodium Valproate can be used for controlling mood and will reduce the anger episodes.

|