Q. Why do I get a throbbing pain in my anus after masturbation?

I am a 29 year old unmarried male. I have been masturbating for years, without any trouble. But, since the last one year, I feel a throbbing pain in my anus after masturbation. The pain lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. I usually masturbate once a week. This problem occurs if I do it more often. Is it natural or am I suffering from a serious problem? I have type 1 diabetes and I have been taking insulin injections for the last 13 years. Could this be related? Please advice.

Do you have a question on Masturbation or Throbbing Pain?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MD PSYCHIATRY
Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology

• This pain is not related to your diabetes. But, diabetes increases the risk of frequent urinary tract infection, which can cause pain.
  • Since the pain is not persistent and occurs only after masturbation, the cause could be excessive or vigorous masturbation.
  • The neuronal supply of anus is from the nerves that supply the penis. So, the pain is referred to the anal area.
  • Do not worry. Drink plenty of water and you will be alright.

Take care.

For more information consult a sexologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Also Read Answers From: Masturbation Throbbing Pain Anal Pain

I am suffering from Migraine for the last 15 years. There is throbbing pain is on the one corner of the head
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am suffering from migraine for the last 15 years. There is a throbbing pain on one corner of the head and generally the next day it almost definitely shifts to the other corner. This cycle continues. So, the frequency is around 2 headaches per week. I used to take P...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Gulati
Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both Carbamazepine and Flunarizine have side effect of memory loss. You should take tablet Vasograin. It is most effective at the onset of migraine. Once migraine starts, though it reduces some symptoms, but not so effectively. So along with it, take tablet Diclomol (com...  Read Full »

I feel pain and sensitivity in root canal treated tooth. Is it normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal over a year ago, had a cap put on and no problems. A month ago it was pulled off when I ate candy. It was glued back on. Yesterday, the tooth suddenly felt different. It feels sensitive when pressure is applied and sometimes it feels to be throbbing under the cap.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Throbbing pain or sensitivity in a root canal treated tooth is an indication of re-infection in it. Sometimes the nerves regenerate from the apical end and start causing infection, it may happen due to food stuck around margins of gums for a long time, etc. There are two ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for anal pain.
Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I faced problem with digestion and constipation. I had frequent bowel movement. But, the stool became tight and I had to pressure it out. Now, I feel pain and inflammation in my rectum and it seems that there is some swelling inside. The irritation gets intensified as...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that due to constipation you have developed the pain of the rectum. Relieve the constipation by taking non-irritative purgative. My favorite is Movicol (Polyethylene glycol) with one glass of water at bedtime for two to three weeks. Rule out other causes of con...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now