Anal Pain

I have pain inside my anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have pain inside my anus. My anus outside is normal with no pain and injury. Along the same line of my anus right inside I feel the pain. No blood and passing stool also easy. When I sit on the toilet I used to sit with legs spread out a bit. Otherwise when I walk or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain inside anus is really troublesome and it could be caused by different factors. It starts from piles, prolapse, fistula and fissure to impacted stool. In your age, I presume, it could be due to a spasm of rectal muscle or sphincter called proctalgia fugax. This is a c...  Read Full »

I have a history of constipation and taking out stools with mild pain. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor,I used to have constipation issues last year, and recently, in the last two weeks, it gets fixed. But I think I have little wounds appearing, that is my assumption. I am taking soft stool from last week. While taking out stool, I feel a slight pain in that area. Is it serious? Please ad...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for symptoms. 1) Never attempt to take out stool. Insted it is advisable to use stool softener or laxatives. 2) The habit of taking stool out and constipation can develop anal fissure which is small tear on inner wall of lower part of anal...  Read Full »

What causes pain in the anus with blood in stool?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in anus on touching. I also notice blood in stools sometimes. I have attached images. Please check and guide me. Thanks.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks that you have internal hemorrhoids pr piles. I would like to know the following: 1. Since how long are you having these symptoms? 2. Do you suffer from constipation? 3. Is the blood fresh...  Read Full »

I have a bump on my anus hole. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I got a lump in my anal hole. One big popping out and it is painful. It has happened after 4 to 6 months. What to do? I have an exam tomorrow.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a pile mass with blood clot within (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The blood clot causes pain. You have to follow few simple measures. Sit in a mildly warm water (saline or salt added) for three to four times a day (each session 10 minutes)...  Read Full »

I have anal issues, stomach, and muscle pain. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have anal issues, stomach, and muscle pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain your symptoms in detail.  Read Full »

Why do I have lumps near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in real pain for past 9 months and my doctor is clueless after several visits. After a period of 38.6 weeks in latent labor, I had a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery (first baby). No ultrasound was done the very day of admission. With crowning left medio-lateral episiotomy was given....  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. It seems there is fistula (tunnel like passage) formation leading to recurrent perianal abscess in your anogenital area. But it needs to be examined to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult an experienced surgeon for f...  Read Full »

Why does my butt hurt after anal sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had anal sex and now my butt has been hurting all day for six days now. And every time I have to poop or wipe it, it is very painful. It is very uncomfortable when I sit or lay on my butt.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be a small tear in the anal region, which is commonly called as an anal fissure. Even a small fissure can be really painful as it causes a spasm of the anal opening. It heals slowly, as it gets irritated repeatedly during the bowel movement. You might eve...  Read Full »

What causes throbbing pain in the anus after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old unmarried male. I have been masturbating for years, without any trouble. But, since the last one year, I feel a throbbing pain in my anus after masturbation. The pain lasts for 5 to 10 minutes. I usually masturbate once a week. This problem occurs if I do it more oft...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This pain is not related to your diabetes. But, diabetes increases the risk of frequent urinary tract infection, which can cause pain. Since the pain is not persistent and occurs only after masturbation, the cause could be excessive or vigorous masturbation. The neuron...  Read Full »

I have severe pain while passing stools. Is it due to piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having serious pain when going to the toilet but the pain lasts for anything up to 8 hours after. I sometimes have blood on the toilet paper as well. I have been to the doctor before and even took myself to the hospital and after a small rectal exam every time they tell me...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel very saddened of your symptoms. I have seen many patients with this problem, which causes unbearable pain and anxiety to them. You may be having either anal fissure or piles, but the treatment is almost similar. 1. Eat lot of vegetables and whole grains. Fiber w...  Read Full »

I have hemorrhoid on the inner thigh. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hemorrhoid at the anus along with pain in inner thigh muscles.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you do not have pain at anus while passing stools. Is there anything which comes out of anus during straining? It is better to get it confirmed by a local doctor by examination regarding the diagnosis. Hemorrhoids as such are not life-threatening. The problems ...  Read Full »