Mebeverine

Which is the best probiotic for acid reflux?

Query: Hi doctor, I have acid reflux since 10 years. My H.pylori test is negative. I already overused Pantoprazole and it caused side effects like vitamin B12 deficiency, muscle weakness, etc. So, I would like to discontinue it. I heard that probiotics may heal my problem. Can I use probiotics? If so, th...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome. Yes, probiotics play a wonderful role in this. In fact the famous probiotic for this purpose available in market are Darolac-IBS and VSL-3 (lactic acid). You can take them twice a day. For further ...  Read Full »

Can Omeprazole be used for gastritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have suffered from gastritis-like symptoms for about a week now. I have an occasional mild tummy ache and nausea which is relieved by belching. I have suffered from acute gastritis now for several years, although I cannot be 100 % certain why. I tested positive for the h. pylori bacteri...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.You seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) associated with gastritis. Yes, you can take Omeprazole 20 mg. Once a day would be enough. There are no major side effects. There is no indication for taking triple therapy for h.pylori again. I advise the fol...  Read Full »

Why do I suffer from sudden bouts of loose motion?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 62 year old male. I am suffering from multiple neurofibroma of spinal cord and acoustic neurofibroma. I had bypass surgery four years ago and since then I am under medication, which is given below. My present problem is related to stomach. Since the operation, I started having sud...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Such diarrhea is seen in Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS is of three types: Diarrhea predominant. Constipation predominant. Mixed variety. You seem to be suffering from IBS diarrhea predominant. However, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. We investigate suspec...  Read Full »

What are the causes of radiating stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from sudden attack of pain in stomach for the past four years. The pain crosses backside too for a few seconds, at intervals of days, weeks or months. I have consulted many doctors, taken lots of medication, but nothing has worked. All my tests came normal. Kindl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to my knowledge, abdomen pain that radiates to back needs to be evaluated for gall bladder as well as for problems in regard to pancreatitis. If your ultrasound scan performed previously showed the results are normal then I would suggest you get a CT scan of ...  Read Full »

How to recover fast from NAFLD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I have been suffering from NAFLD for the past five months. Now, I am having RUQ heaviness, back pain, flatulence and tiredness for the last two months. I had several tests and I am giving the details with the findings. USG of whole abdomen - hepatomegaly with fatty li...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. People who suffer from NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) have such kind of right upper quadrant pains, which are dragging in nature and are off and on. Your reports are pretty well in the acceptable range and do not require any special med...  Read Full »

How to cure IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. For the past few years, I have been dealing with diarrhea and I am just simply tired of it. Thankfully, I work from home and I do not have to leave the house in the morning hours. I have always been a healthy person and non-smoker. But, I have an average of tw...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You need to accept that you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It is a functional disorder and just stress related. The more you think the more you get. You should get your thyroid profile and anti-tTG antibody test (tissue transg...  Read Full »

What can cause bloating, irregular bowel and watery stool?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from irregular bowel. I feel burning sensation in the stomach and anus. If I eat anything spicy, I need to go to restroom immediately. My poop smells and is semisolid, sometimes watery but not like diarrhea. I am suffering with this condition for past one year. I am tak...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Your history is a classical suggestive of that. However, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, we need to be sure it is not anything else like ulcerative colitis, thyroid disorder or autonomic neu...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am spending more time in toilet daily as the stools keep on coming for every 10-15 minutes. Stools are semi-liquid and it feels like diarrhea. I have lost around 10-12 kg of weight in the last two years and four to five kg during the last six months alone. I have got the following tests...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). You seem to be suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Please mention whether you have been performed with anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody (tTG) test...  Read Full »

What is your suggestion for my stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old female. I am suffering from stomach pain. My ultrasound scan was reported as normal. The CT scan report is normal with an impression as minimal free fluid in the pelvis. Our physician told that I have some infection in the intestine and was advised to take antibiotic an...  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before proceeding any further, a few things I would need to know. How long have your symptoms been present for? Why did you have your uterus and ovaries removed? Was it for cancer or not? The first thing I note is that (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with...  Read Full »

What could pain in the abdomen and above the belly button be?

Query: Hello doctor, My 66-year-old mother is suffering from diabetes for the last 30 years. Her gallbladder has been removed. Angioplasty has been done two years back. She had an infection in her scalp and took higher antibiotics for few months. She is now taking Basugine 20 at night, Actrapid 12 in ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your mother has acid reflux and pain due to stress. Stress could be mental or it could be related to removal of the gallbladder as well as taking so many medications. At this point in time, my recommendations would be to start her on capsule Colospa...  Read Full »