Q. Does lack of periods due to high prolactin level damage general health?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I am a 35-year-old female. My weight is 91, and I have three children. I am not having my menstrual period for the past four years. After running some tests, doctors confirmed it is high prolactin, and gave me drugs, but it did not help. I want to find out if there going to be any damages to my health because of this? What can I do?

#

It points out that you had early menopause, which occurs in 5 to 10 percent of women at age less than 40 years of age. And yes it has adverse effects same just like menopause in another woman at the usual age. So you must consult your local doctor and get a prescription for HRT (hormonal replacement therapy) which will result in monthly cycles as well as protect you from developing early osteoporosis. You have to continue taking it until the natural age of menopause. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|