Q. I had two menstrual cycles in one month. Is it something serious?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I had two menstrual cycles in one month, two weeks apart. I have not had an intercourse for two months. Should I be concerned?

#

• Frequent periods could be bothersome and can be due to hormonal problems or anovulation.
  • Also, local causes need to be ruled out for which you need to visit a gynecologist for an examination.
  • I suggest you check for your prolactin levels, thyroid function test, and ultrasound of pelvis to look for the causes.
  • Also, if the last period was overdue (the one which occurred two weeks back), get a urine pregnancy test.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|