Q. I had two menstrual cycles in one month. Is it something serious?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I had two menstrual cycles in one month, two weeks apart. I have not had an intercourse for two months. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Frequent periods could be bothersome and can be due to hormonal problems or anovulation.
  • Also, local causes need to be ruled out for which you need to visit a gynecologist for an examination.
  • I suggest you check for your prolactin levels, thyroid function test, and ultrasound of pelvis to look for the causes.
  • Also, if the last period was overdue (the one which occurred two weeks back), get a urine pregnancy test.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My periods are irregular and not conceiving. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a history of irregular periods and now I am failing to get pregnant. To highlight about my past, I started having my periods from the age of 14 and had irregular periods always. Sometimes, I had heavy flow for 7 to 8 days and sometimes it was scanty for only 2 days. I was put ...  Read Full »

How to stop prolonged menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from prolonged menstrual bleeding. The bleeding did not stop for the past one month. I have PCOD and I am overweight. How to stop the bleeding? Please help.  Read Full »

Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all...  Read Full »