Q. Does stress affect my menstrual bleeding?

Published on Jun 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I consulted with you the last time whether I can be pregnant as I had sex with my partner on the eighth day of my period and we used condoms as protection. You told that I would not get pregnant. Today I am on the fifth day of my period. On the first two days, the bleeding was normal. But, on the third day, it was very light and little brown in color. Usually, I have a bit less bleeding on the third day, but I was also very much stressed during this time related to my situation. Please tell me if I can get pregnant in this situation? And does stress affects my period bleeding? I am very much worried.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Be relaxed. Once you have your periods, it is enough evidence that there is no pregnancy.

Yes, the mind controls the periods' dates, amount of bleeding and ovulation too.

With so much stress, your period will show changes. I am 100% sure that there is no pregnancy. I was sure in the beginning itself.

If u still want a proof, you can have a serum beta hCG blood test. This will diagnose the smallest of pregnancy anywhere in the body.

I would suggest to relax and forget everything. You are fine.

Hope I have clarified your query.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

It is because I am relating everything to pregnancy. I am having a little pain in my chest for two days. So I was also googling a lot about all this. That is why I was really stressed.Thank you so much for answering me. I am really grateful.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The chest discomfort may be due to gastritis or acidity. Just have food regularly with less oily and spicy foods.

You can have lots of water regularly, and have milk and curd.

If you want, I suggest you can have Syrup Mucaine (Oxetacaine, Aluminium Hydroxide, and Magnesium) or Tricaine (Oxetacaine, Aluminium Hydroxide, Magnesium, and Simethicone) one tablespoon half an hour after food. It will immediately cover the burning area and you will have an immediate relief. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

If sex is going to be regular have cyclical oral birth control pills. This will give you 100% protection even without any other protection and give you regular periods without any side effects or complications. At least you can avoid all these anxious moments.

Hope I have clarified your query.

Can I Get Pregnant with PCOS?

Article Overview: With the right treatment and a healthy lifestyle, even women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) have high chances of getting pregnant. To know more, read the article. Read Article

Dr. Pari Bansari

PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome) is quite challenging and frustrating. Most women do not seek help until they get menstrual irregularity and have a problem in getting pregnant. The good news is, with the right treatment and healthy lifestyle, women with PCOS have high chances of getting pregnant. ...  Read Article

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Stress causes stiffness in my neck and back. What can be done about it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stiffness of neck and pain which continues to the back further. This often happens when a stressful situation arises, which also raises my BP. Worries related to health and other life concerns keep bothering me. Please suggest.  Read Full »