Q. My regular menstrual cycle is disturbed for the past 2 months. What should I do to regularize it?

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 19, 2020

I am 43 years old. I am having three children. Up to February, my menses cycles were at routine (monthly normally at 10-12 th of every month). My Hbp level is at 7+, but for the first time in the March I had no cycle, and in April I just had spotting. Now from the 1st May, I am having full bleeding, till today.

The same case happens with my sister at the age of 41. She faced the same issue and on consulting the doctor, she was advised Progyluton tablet 2 mg / 0.5 mg for 21 days +TriHemic 600 tablet. Due to lockdown, I cannot contact my doctor, can you please guide me? Can I follow the prescription of my sister?

#

I understand your concern. Normal age for menopause is 42 to 52 years during which menses become irregular with excessive bleeding sometimes. So in your case, you might be transiting into menopause. However, if you have excessive bleeding during menses then take tablet Pause MF (Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) three times daily if bleeding is heavy.

Also, women must take calcium supplement after 30 years. Please take tablet Calcimax once daily after food. If your bleeding does not subside with the above medication please get an ultrasound pelvis to rule out the other causes.

|