Q. Why is my period irregular, and when will my next ovulation be?

Dr. Pandian. P

We got married two years back, and we planned for pregnancy after one year. In between, I had two missed carriages, and my average period was 26 days, but now it is irregular. My period has been irregular for the last two months.

Why is my period irregular, and when will my next ovulation be?

Please tell me about my ovulation day.

#

I understand your concern.

It would be best if you had a complete evaluation for irregular menstruation. Please do the following tests:

1) Urine routine and culture test.

2) Pap smear of vaginal discharge for microbiology and others.

3) Thyroid profile.

4) Complete hemogram with peripheral smear study.

5) Complete coagulation profile.

6) ANCA (antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies) antibodies.

7) Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis.

This will narrow down your problem of miscarriage and irregular menstruation. If everything is normal, then you need to go for menstrual regularisation, or else you need to take treatment according to the results to get pregnant. Ovulation time is very difficult to predict in irregular menstruation.

|