Q. People say I look like gay when I shave. It is very difficult to deal with.

Dr. Surabhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?

Dr. Surabhi

Psychiatry
#

It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also projected onto others, and hence people who have such repressed feelings feel that others view them as gay.

It might be that you have no such homosexual component in your behavior, but still, people view you as such. In that case, I would suggest you be confident of your heterosexuality and let people have their opinion. Be strong and face others. Do not be intimidated by what others feel and say. Do not let other people's opinion make you feel bad. I would suggest you write your problem in detail so that I could get a broader perspective of your problem.

|