Q. People say I look like gay when I shave. It is very difficult to deal with.

Dr. Surabhi
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?

Dr. Surabhi

Psychiatry
#

It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also projected onto others, and hence people who have such repressed feelings feel that others view them as gay.

It might be that you have no such homosexual component in your behavior, but still, people view you as such. In that case, I would suggest you be confident of your heterosexuality and let people have their opinion. Be strong and face others. Do not be intimidated by what others feel and say. Do not let other people's opinion make you feel bad. I would suggest you write your problem in detail so that I could get a broader perspective of your problem.

| 

Why do I overload my brain with so many thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with essential tremors, and I am always distracted. I suffer from tics and obsessive, repetitive movement like blinking, clenching my fist, breathing tics, obsessed with personalities and how consciousness works. I always focused on my bodily sensations, like how my legs f...  Read Full »

I am depressed due to the guilt of ejaculating while sleeping in the same bed with my mother. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old male, and I have been suffering from depression due to extreme guilt from 22 years. I have been taking allopathic medicines, but my depression bounces back. Actually, my childhood, teenage, and adolescent was disturbing. My father always abused me, and my parents qu...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now