Q. Can microdermabrasion and glycolic acid peel make my skin look darker?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Microdermabrasion or Glycolic Acid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am very much worried about my skin color. I have taken two sittings of microdermabrasion and two sittings of glycolic acid peel. But, I am not able to see any change and that too my skin looks darker. Would it be a chemical peel side effect? Now I am using branded face wash and sunscreen in the morning and skin whitening cream during bedtime.